Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Yesterday...

I don't even know if I can describe how bad of a day yesterday was for me. Sometimes the day is just off from the minute you get up... it was one of those days.

It all started at 3am when an awake Paige didn't seem to think that darkness was sleeping time. She is not usually a kid that wakes up but, for whatever reason, she was up at 3a, 4a and finally at 5a Olivia brought her to me b/c she had been talking so loudly.

Turns out that she had a fever... she didn't feel warm earlier but I could have been just too sleepy to notice.

So, both her and Meredith had to stay home. Meredith had a temp of 103. Paige was 102. Bryan had to stay home.

I had two MAJOR exams that I had studied for ALL WEEK. I was disappointed in the tests; I thought they were tricky. So did everyone else, but I was unfortunate to not have GUESSED correctly on the first one.

I ended up with an 84 and 90 on them, which took the wind out of my sails. Those scores are NOT a reflect of the amount of time I read those books. The class was a mixture of grades, but most did OK. Better than me.

So, disappointed in the day, and cranky from being up at 3A, I come home to see that the contractor had finished tiling the bathroom tub area....INCORRECTLY. It was a long story, but when I was telling him how to lay out the tile, I knew he was confused and left a detailed drawing of it AND laid out some tile on the floor in the pattern I wanted.

Between him and Bryan, neither one understood - ignored my cartoon and just did something different. I just about had a heartattack.

Have you ever been SO mad that you started to cry? well, that was me. I was demanding that they start over, they were saying the tile was set and too bad. I was threatening to crack every tile with a hammer overnight.

We went back and forth, but the Bryan starting pulling off the tile, which wasn't dry. So changing the pattern was easy and only took an hour.

It helped; but the reality was - I just needed to end my day.

Today is a study day for me... but I'll have at lease two kids home and I need to go buy the grout at the tile store.

Maybe this is why I didn't get a higher grade? Right?

No comments: