Saturday, October 24, 2009

I shouldn't go this long....

Believe me when I say that I think about updating this blog everyday. There is just not enough hours in a day for me lately... something has to give and unfortunately it is my blog.

Briefly, here is the updates....

1. School, for me, is going well. Managing to keep an A or A- in all 5 classes. I am finding that the studying does NOT come easily and that I have having to work hard for these grades. (don't forget that less than 85% is not passing at this level, so when I get an 86% on a test... sounds good but it is not). I like to have breathing room and enjoy the high A's that give me that.

I got to intubate my first patient in the OR the other day. Mastering my own knowledge of maintaining airway in patients is crucial to this field... we are a patient's guardian when they are under for surgery. I breathe for them, provide pain relief for them and keep them stable.

Trust me... I am exhausted at the end of each hospital day (and it has been many years since I felt that way).

2. Meredith is picking up with the reading. Getting better but still needs much improvement. She doesn't seem to care that 40% on a math quiz in school is 'failing' and continues to just randomly answer questions - doesn't read directions, etc. It is frustrating, but I'm waiting for her 'Helen Keller' moment to come... so far it has not.

3. Our guest bathroom is done!!! completely redone and the kids are moved in - which is nice since they have not used their own bathroom - EVER. I will try to post the before and after photos, but I can't promise anything. It does look nice.

4. Weight loss for me is about 22lbs. The last five pounds or so, I didn't even pay attention to... it was just a result of not having time to eat and when there is food - it is not healthy so I just skip it. I've decided to keep going and try to lose another 10 pounds. Bryan wants me to quit b/c I am not working out and, he says, just losing muscle.

All I know is that I'm fitting into 'pre-Olivia' pants, jeans and shorts - actually I am getting ready to pass through those too. (they fit but not for long).

5. This week is the carnival for our church. Me and the kids, not Paige - who was with Bryan, went on Thurs. nite. We got soaked but the kids had fun. Bryan is heading there tonight with the kids so I can have a few hours of study time.

6. Bryan's dad just got out of the hospital, again. He has a bad heart and every few months it catches up with him. This time, my mother in law brought him here and he was admitted into Memorial Reg. I didn't even get a chance to go see him.

Between school, hospital, studying, and keeping up with homework for the kids, reading with Meredith and the never-ending pile of laundry... I just couldn't go.

Such is my life for the next two years.

No comments: